The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala. August 2013
Masters of Arts in Communications with an emphasis on community journalism
Auburn University, Auburn, Ala. May 2012
Bachelors of Arts in History and Spanish
Graduated Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa
Centro Universitario Marista, Salamanca, Spain Summer 2010
Spanish language study abroad program
Digital Communications Specialist, Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Md.
- Managed Hopkins Giving social media channels, which reach a combined audience of more than 69,000
- Wrote development pieces to steward existing and prospective donors for print and web
- Produced monthly JHU alumni newsletter, JHUpdate, which reaches more than 150,000 JHU alumni, parents, and friends
- Consulted on print and digital communications campaigns
- Hosted social media trainings for Development and Alumni Relations offices
- Provided digital analytics to leadership to inform web and social strategy
Social Media Strategist, Pure Barre Auburn, Auburn, Ala.
March 2016-June 2018
- Implemented paid and organic social media marketing strategies to retain current clients and engage prospective new clients
- Produced monthly client newsletters
- Designed graphics for print and digital marketing campaigns
Adjunct Professor, Auburn University, Auburn, Ala.
2015-2016 School Year
- Taught magazine and newswriting classes
- Created syllabi, class plans and exams
- Planned and executed two 75-minute lectures per week
Reporter, The Opelika-Auburn News, Auburn, Ala.
- Reported the Auburn University, Lee County and K-12 education beats, covering County Commission and area schools
- Wrote business and human interest feature pieces
- Previewed community events
- Maintained a strong social media presence
- Acted as the culture beat reporter for Calhoun and Cleburne Counties, which included covering library, museum and historical society meetings
- Covered the final days of the 2013 Alabama state legislative session
- Wrote faith and lifestyle feature stories, as well as magazine articles for Healthy Living Magazine
- Produced a national award-winning community journalism website, PiperPlace.ua.edu, which profiled a community mental health center located in Bessemer, Ala.
Intern, The Anniston Star, Anniston, Ala.
May 2013-August 2013
- Reported stories across Calhoun County
- Covered the 2013 Alabama State Legislative session
Digital Project Contributor, Dateline Alabama
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant
- Assisted the chair of the Journalism Department in teaching undergraduate news writing and reporting classes
- Conducted content analysis research examining congressional and presidential candidate Twitter feeds
- First Place, Michael E. DeBakey Awards for Journalism & Media Excellence, Foundation for Biomedical Research (2016)
- First Place, Best Sports Feature, Alabama APME Newspaper Awards (2014)
- First Place, Best Non-Deadline Reporting, Alabama APME Newspaper Awards (2014)
- First Place, Alabama Press Association Best News Feature (2014)
- Honorable Mention, Video or Multimedia Project for PiperPlace.ua.edu: The Society for News Design’s 25th Annual College News Design Contest (2013)
- Spanish (8 years), French (2 years), iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Pinterest, Snapchat), Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Union Metrics, Insights, Ads Manager, Canva, MailChimp, Constant Contact